Simply Hand Made is operated by volunteers and we are always looking for more help!
Basic Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Unlock at opening or lock up at closing time
- Ring up sales using the intuitive Square system
- Water the flowers in our planter outside during the summer (and the flowers at the memorial right next door, because we want to be good neighbors!)
- Light cleaning as needed (sweeping, dusting, wiping down the door and windows)
- Rearrange merchandise as needed to fill in obvious gaps when items sell
- Answer the phone
- Be able to answer a few basic customer questions about Simply Hand Made (Don’t worry, we’ll give you the answers!)
- Sign up through email for the shifts you are able to work
Our volunteers love their time at Simply Hand Made! Bring your laptop, favorite book, or a small project you are working on; in between customers it is the perfect place to do some work or dedicate time to reading. (And since we support the Fredericksburg Community Library, we fully endorse the reading option!) Plus, if you are also a vendor, volunteering gives you the opportunity to get immediate feedback on your work. If our volunteer pool is able to expand enough, we may even be able to add additional open days!
If volunteering sounds like it would be right for you, or if you would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note, while state COVID guidelines are in effect, volunteers are required to wear masks.